Make your idea a realityThe contest entry period is now over.
The draw will take place on May 24.
1. The “MAKE YOUR IDEA A REALITY” contest is organized by National Bank of Canada (the “Contest Organizer”) and will take place in Canada from February 29, 2016 to May 16, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
The contest is open to all residents of Canada who, at the time they enter the contest, have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. This contest is not open to employees, agents, mandataries or representatives of the Contest Organizer or its subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to this contest, members of their respective immediate family (siblings, children, parents), common-law or legal spouse or any person residing with these employees, agents, mandataries and representatives.
To enter the contest you have to:
i. Access the electronic entry form via the contest web page at promonbc.ca/yourhome.
ii. Answer the question on your project and complete the electronic entry form by entering your personal information: last name, first name, postal code, telephone number and e-mail address.
iii. Tick the box confirming that you have read the contest rules and authorize the Contest Organizer to use your personal information for contest administration purposes.
Subject to your compliance with these contest rules, the Contest Organizer will enter the personal information appearing on the electronic entry form (last name, first name, e-mail address, postal code and telephone number) in the Contest Organizer’s database used for the purposes of this contest in order to give you one (1) entry in the contest.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the manner of participation.
Only one (1) prize is offered in the contest. This prize consists of ten thousand Canadian dollars (CDN $10,000), awarded in the form of a cheque payable to the individual selected and declared the winner.
On May 24 at 2:00 p.m. ET, at the Head Office of the Contest Organizer located at 600 De La Gauchetière West, Montreal, Quebec, the Contest Organizer will randomly draw one (1) entry from all eligible entries received in accordance with these rules for the purpose of awarding the prize.
The chance that an entry will be randomly selected in the draw will depend on the number of entries registered during the Contest Period in accordance with these rules.
8. To be declared a winner, the selected participant must:
a) Be able to be contacted by telephone by the Contest Organizer within ten (10) business days of the random draw;
b) Correctly answer, without assistance and within a limited time, a mathematical skill-testing question asked by the Contest Organizer over the telephone at a time agreed upon in advance;
c) Complete and sign a Declaration and Liability Waiver Form (the "Waiver") and return it to the Contest Organizer within ten (10) business days of its receipt.
9. If a participant whose entry is selected fails to meet one of the above conditions or any other condition provided for in these rules, he/she will be disqualified, and a new random draw may be held in accordance with these rules until such time as a participant is selected and declared a winner.
10. Within fifteen (15) days of receiving the Waiver signed by the winner, the Contest Organizer will send that person a letter informing him/her how to claim the prize.
11. Electronic entry forms and Waivers are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any entry form or Waiver that is incomplete, fraudulent or late, does not allow the Contest Organizer to identify the participant, or is otherwise not in compliance with the contest rules will be rejected, in which case it will not qualify, depending on the case, as an entry or for a prize.
12. All decisions by the Contest Organizer or its representatives regarding this contest are final and without appeal, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (for residents of Quebec) on any matter over which it has jurisdiction.
13. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any individuals who participate or attempt to participate in this contest in a manner that is contrary to these contest rules or that is unfair to the other participants (e.g., hacking, submitting more entries than the permitted number). Such individuals may be reported to the competent judicial authorities.
14. Any attempt to deliberately sabotage the contest website or any related website or to hamper the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal law. In the event of such an attempt, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the participant's entries and seek recourse under the law.
15. The prize must be accepted as described in these rules and may not be transferred to another person or substituted for another prize.
16. The prize winner releases the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, mandataries and representatives from any and all liability for any damage he/she may incur as a result of the acceptance or use of his/her prize, in particular any tax impact. In order to be declared a winner and prior to receiving the prize, the selected participant undertakes to sign a declaration to that effect contained in the Waiver.
17. By participating or attempting to participate in this contest, all individuals release the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, mandataries and representatives from any and all liability for any damage they may incur due to their participation or attempted participation in this contest. Subject to approval, if required, from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (for Quebec residents), the Contest Organizer reserves the right at all times, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, if any event or human intervention occurs that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided for in these rules. Under no circumstances may the Contest Organizer, its subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to this contest, as well as their employees, agents, mandataries and representatives be required to award more prizes than provided for in these rules or to award prizes other than in accordance with these rules.
18. The Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, as well as their respective employees, agents, mandataries and representatives may not be held liable for any malfunction of any computer hardware, software or communication line resulting in the loss or lack of network connection or any faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission by any computer or network that could limit or prevent any person from entering the contest. Furthermore, the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, mandataries and representatives may not be held liable for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, as a result of downloading an Internet page or software or transmitting information for the purposes of participating in this contest.
19. The Contest Organizer in no way guarantees that the contest website will be available or functional without interruption during the entire Contest Period or that it will be free of error.
20. In the event that the computer system is unable to register all entries during the Contest Period, for any reason, or if participation in the contest must be ended in whole or in part prior to the date set out in the rules, the Contest Organizer may, at its discretion, randomly draw from the duly registered entries received during the Contest Period or, if applicable, up to the date of the event that ended participation in the contest.
21. By participating in this contest, the winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, his/her full name, photograph, likeness, statements about the prize, place of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes without any form of compensation. A statement to this effect will be included in the Waiver.
22. Electronic entry forms and Waivers are the property of the Contest Organizer and will under no circumstances be returned to the participants.
23. There will be no communication or correspondence with contest participants except as set out in these rules or if initiated by the Contest Organizer.
24. For residents of Quebec, any dispute regarding the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
25. By entering this contest, the participants authorize the Contest Organizer to use their personal information entered on the electronic entry form for contest registration purposes.
26. For the purposes of these rules, the participant is the person whose name appears on the electronic entry form. The prize will be awarded to that person, if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
27. Should any section of these rules be declared or ruled as unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, said section will be considered invalid. However, all other sections that are not affected will be applied within the limits permitted by law.
28. In the event of discrepancies between the English and French versions of these rules, the French version shall prevail.×